It is with great pleasure, and some trepidation, that I present you with my website. This truly has been a labor of love with countless late nights and innumerable cups of coffee. That being said, where would we be without coffee?! Can I get an AMEN?!
While creating my website, I felt very led to integrate a blog. This will be quite a stretch for me but with the encouragement and cheering on of friends, I have decided to give it a whirl. I intend to provide a blend of love stories and images from special moments captured at engagement sessions and weddings. I will also be sharing details from other photo shoots such as senior sessions, family sessions, and other yet-to-be-disclosed photographic adventures. I also anticipate posting tidbits of the trade in an effort to help prepare brides and educate other aspiring photographers. Lastly, I will be sharing personal entries. I want you to know who I am, to be “transparent” with you, if you will. In doing so, you will be better informed and able to determine if my core values and quirky personality are indeed the “best fit” for you. So, without further ado, here are five facts about yours truly.
1. I am madly in love with my husband, Corey, who happens to be my second shooter and greatest supporter of my dreams.
2. I have a unique mix of Indonesian and Irish blood coursing through my veins. Growing up in rural Ohio came with its challenges, however, I have since come to embrace and appreciate my diverse background.
3. I am a Finance and Economics major, with Econ being my concentration. Nevertheless, please don’t ask me to quickly find the marginal rate of substitution for x and y, because it has been way too long!
4. Disclaimer: following is an accurate and brutally honest glimpse into my personality. I am an INFP through and through and those closest to me can attest to the truthfulness thereof. This explains why Fact #3 didn’t turn out to be a good career in corporate finance. As an INFP, I had imaginary friends growing up (perhaps this is considered “TMI,” for my first personal blog…oops!), and to this day I remain very much the day-dreamer which is where I get many of my ideas. Many wonder how an introvert can work in front of a large crowd, such as in a wedding scenario. Interestingly enough, while the INFP person values their “alone time” and needs down periods to recharge, we are often found to be doing our craft in front of a crowd. Conversely, my husband is an ESFJ, and for those of you who are not familiar with the Myers Briggs, this means that we are undoubtedly opposites in many areas. Nevertheless, we balance each other out wonderfully and we are proof that opposites do indeed attract.
5. Lastly, but certainly not least, is the fact that I am a Jesus follower and therefore believe in mercy and grace. My goal is to live this out in my relationships with others, and to glorify God in this business.
I am deeply grateful for my supporters and clients. I look forward to what this year has for us all! I love doing what I am passionate about, even with the lack of sleep and the other obstacles that come with being a creative and an entrepreneur. I am so thankful for my supportive husband, family, and amazing clients. Most of all, I am grateful to God who continues to open doors, and who is my inspiration for “Transparency Photography.” So, here’s to new friends and the adventures yet to come in 2018!